Candles are so wonderful! And they light up whole of your surroundings so beautifully! Why don’t you try making candles ? You’ll only need a handful of supplies and it’s not at all cluttered!
Supplies Required for Candle Making
1. Wax – you can also use the plain white candles or crayons. However, if going appropriate manner, then get some paraffin wax, soy wax or beeswax.
2. Wax melter
3. Thermometer – Particular candle making thermometers are there and they’re just vital for candle making.
4. Mold – If not, then use any container, may be a glass, bowl or a tin.
5. Fragrant Oi l- if, of course, you want some aromatic candles. Its optional.
6. Dyes – optional, only if you want colorful candles.
Select the sort of wax to be used. If beeswax, you do not need to melt it. It is just wrapped around a wick and sealed with the thumb. If using soy or paraffin wax, they need to be melted and double-boiled.
Place the wax melter in a pot half filled with water which should be held on a burner with low-medium heat. Now place the wax pieces into the melter. You may even place glitters to make a decorative candle. However, very little quantity of oil should be mixed( 1 tablespoon or 1/4 of an ounce or 3 percent of the candles burden of oil for every pound of wax melted) otherwise, the candle won’t burn properly.
Assess the temperature of the wax with the help of the thermometer. If you have selected a mould of cardboard, plastic or glass, keep the temperature at 130 degrees Fahrenheit and if the mould is made of some alloy, then heat the wax up to 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
While the wax is in the process of melting, prepare the mold. You can do it even before you begin to melt down the wax- just prepare the mold beforehand- before the wax reaches the perfect temperature. For preparing it, keep the length of the wick 2 inches over the candle. Pass the wick through the hole in the bottom of the mold and fix it with putty. Tie the wick in the other end of the mold with something like a stick or a pencil.
Pour the wax into the mould. Allow the wax cool for at least 12 hours. For better results, refrigerate it for another 12 hours. Your homemade candle is ready.
Thrilled by it!
Hope you will enjoy the creative candle making experience!!